Carpenter – Residential
We have year-round work with over 50% repeat/referral customer base and are seeking experienced Craftsmen and Technicians with a variety of home improvement skills to support the growth of our business. Handyman Connection is a locally owned and operated, well established Home Improvement Company serving Folsom, Citrus Heights, Sacramento, Fair Oaks and Carmichael, with excellent customer service and quality work
What You Will Receive
- Earn up to $1200 per week depending on your experience, skills and availability
- Work as an Independent Contractor or an Employee - part-time or full-time - on your own schedule
- Professional Office Support - scheduling, customer support, job tracking, billing
- Free access to custom mobile application for scheduling, dispatching and communications
- Successful marketing campaign that brings us well qualified customers
- Branded apparel and signage
Carpenters are in charge of delivering finished changes to a customer's home. Job site hygiene and daily clean-up is required as you will be working in occupied homes and commercial environments. Must have experience working in modern and vintage homes, an understanding of codes and capability to work quickly and safely. Must have expertise to bring the project from bid to finish. Must bring a positive attitude and like working with residential customers. Qualities needed to perform the tasks of the job successfully include math skills, physical dexterity and an eye for detail,
- Installs doors, windows, trim such as baseboards, door molding and crown molding.
- Installs add-ons, such as knobs, hinges, and handles onto finished structures to work to meet the requirements of a client.
- Scribe moldings to allow for proper fitting on even or uneven surfaces.
- Build and repair outdoor decks, railings, arbors and other light structures.
- Trim carpenters engage in the application of wood staining and varnishing.
- Responsible for the selection, and purchase of raw materials required for a project.
- Must be able to frame in a remodel environment and accurately assess engineering issues such as footings, support beams and bearing walls.
- Remain in compliance with current California building codes and local building codes.
- Must be able to accurately estimate projects, price materials and write bids for retail customers. Evaluate customer requests, price projects, troubleshoot customer issues, and present a written work-order to clients.
- knowledge of current finish and materials and ability to consult with customers regarding selection of materials and current trends.
- Must do your own warrantee work and satisfy retail customers.
- Must have current Driver's License and submit to a background check
- Must have tools, a work vehicle and good references
- Must have experience in the remodeling or home repair trades
- Must pass screening process
- Must have a smart phone and access to the internet
We are always looking to speak with experienced finishers and craftsman who has experience as a Remodeler, Tile Setter, Electrician, Plumber, Painter, Mason, or Installer or any skilled tradesman ( journeyman or master level) from the residential or commercial construction industry. Please, no Project Managers or primarily New Construction.
Ready to Learn More?
Please complete the short application, and we will contact you for a quick conversation to see if this could be the right match for you.
What our customers say:
Why Handyman Connection?
Handyman Connection of Citrus Heights, CA
As part of Handyman Connection, our Craftsmen have great earnings potential, enjoy lifestyle flexibility, and receive support from our local office. We specialize in small to medium home repairs, remodeling and home improvement projects. We are the original – and leading – home improvement specialists in North America.
As a Handyman Connection Craftsman, you will:
- Have great earnings potential
- Have a flexible schedule that you set
- Receive great support from our local office
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)